Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > MaxiDas vs MaxiSys Mini
MaxiDas vs MaxiSys Mini

2037 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2015-02-03 13:15:14

•   Level 5   
    (340) points
    737mechanic
    2015-02-03 12:07:00

Hi guys I am in the market for a new scanner and I trying to decide between a maxidas and the maxisys mini.

Other than what is in the comparison chart can anyone give more detail to what the maxisys can do or will be able to do in the future that the maxidas won't. The chart shows the maxisys as advanced in ECU Coding and the maxiDas as Minimum but when I look at the vehicle coverage it shows them both doing about the same thing so my question is other than a nicer tablet to work with what more does the Maxisys do that the maxidas won't.

Also will support eventually stop on the maxidas before it stops on the maxisys or will they both be getting updated 10 or 15 years from now.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-02-03 13:15:14 (Reply to:737mechanic)

the maxidas its pretty much a tool from the past, very slow and its not hardware capable of many things present and future features/options, also programming/coding is only possible with the maxisys and flashing is only possible with the 908 pro or a 908 turned into a pro by buying the maxiflash pro interface. vehicles coverage is the same, functionalities besides advance programming/coding is the same. difference in hardware is day and night. and in 10 to 15 years man we dont know where we will be then. thats too long of a term for any tool but its possible. if i were you i will say the 908 which i can later turn it into a 908 pro, not possible with the 905. good luck
  Total1 Pages